Goto your account
Search Stories by: 
and/or
 

News

Articles from DIAMOND JEWELLERY (799 Articles), WATCHES (632 Articles)












Baselworld managing director Sylvie Ritter announced her resignation last week
Baselworld managing director Sylvie Ritter announced her resignation last week

Baselworld managing director resigns

Baselworld has announced its managing director Sylvie Ritter has resigned after 15 years in the position.

In a media statement, Ritter said she had decided to step down in order to take on “new challenges”.


“We will be expanding the Baselworld team and further developing the event to continue along the path of quality enhancement and to meet the challenges of the future.”
Michel Loris-Melikoff, Baselworld managing director

“After 26 years with the MCH Group – 15 of which were as managing director of Baselworld – it's time for me to start something new,” Ritter confirmed.

MCH Group CEO René Kamm said her departure was greatly regretted: "I would like to thank her on behalf of the entire MCH Group for her extraordinary commitment during her many years of activity within our company."

Michel Loris-Melikoff, a 53-year-old lawyer who began his career in private banking before entering the event industry 20 years ago, will take over the position.

Before joining Baselworld’s organiser the MCH Group three years ago as director of MCH Beaulieu Lausanne SA, he worked as managing director of St. Jakobshalle, a sporting and concert arena in Germany.

Loris-Melikoff will begin his new position on 1 July.

‘Numerous innovations’ announced

According to the company statement, Loris-Melikoff will introduce initiatives specifically for the jewellery industry at next year’s show. New concepts are also being finalised for the watch and precious stone sectors; however, no other details have been released at time of publication.

"We will be expanding the Baselworld team and further developing the event to continue along the path of quality enhancement and to meet the challenges of the future,” Loris-Melikoff continued.

“We are tackling this task with a large number of new ideas and with valuable inputs from exhibitors, visitors and the media."

Baselworld has experienced a decline in numbers in recent years. At this year’s show, exhibitor numbers were reduced by approximately half.

Next year’s show will take place from 21 to 26 March 2019.

More reading
Baselworld to reduce exhibitor numbers
Baselworld: Producing the goods when the going gets tough
A modest contraction for Baselworld 2017




















Thursday, 21 June, 2018 05:00am
login to my account
Username: Password:
standard_0716
advertisement
standard_03163
advertisement
(c) 2018 Gunnamatta Media